You will need a Rhino account to use a non-machine license.
Sign up for a Rhino account. After receiving the registration email, verify your account.
After logging in to your personal account, go to the Licenses section. Next, click on your account name.
On the license management page, click the Add license button. The Licenses section displays information about licenses.
For holders of multiple Rhino licenses or an academic class (Lab) license, creating a team will be convenient. To do this, you need to create an administrator account, then create a command in this account.
Next, you need to add a license to the team, then send email invitations to users using the Team Management -> Invite Members button.
Install the Rhino software. When you first start the program, click the Login button and enter your account to activate the program.
How to change the interface language
When starting the installer, click on gear-wheel button to install the program in English and other languages.
Internet access is required. Click the «Select Language» button in the next window.
Multiple languages are available for selection at the same time.
If you already have a multilingual version installed by default, then you can switch it in the following way.
Select Options in Tools menu. Next, select Appearance button on the left side of the list in the screen that opens.
Now select a language from the drop-down list Language used for display (interface language) on the right.
Restart the program to apply the settings.
If you want to install the program on a computer without Internet access:
- Run this installer.
- Click on the gear-wheel button.
- Click «Download installation distribution».
- The installer will create a «redist» folder in the same directory as the installer file, and will download the distribution to this folder.
- Copy the distribution and the redist folder to a computer without Internet access.
- Run this installer on a computer without Internet access.
All OS Only for Windows Only for Mac
Title File extension Read operation/Import Saving/Export Rhino 3D Model (except Rhino 1.x save/export) .3dm Rhino 3D Model Backup .3dmbak Rhino Worksession .rws 3MF .3mf 3D Studio .3ds AMF .amf ACIS .sat Adobe Illustrator .ai AutoCAD Drawing .dwg AutoCAD Drawing Exchange .dxf COLLADA .dae Cult3D .cd DirectX .x E57 .e57 Embroidery .dst, .exp Enhanced Metafile .emf Encapsulated PostScript .eps Geomview OFF .off GHS Geometry .gf, .gft GHS Part Maker .pm Google Earth .kmz GTS (GNU Triangulated Surface) .gts IGES .igs, .iges Lightwave .lwo Microstation .dgn Moray UDO .udo MotionBuilder .fbx NextEngine Scan .scn OBJ .obj Object Properties .csv Parasolid .x_t PLY .ply Points .asc, .csv, .xyz, .cgo_ascii,.cgo_asci, .pts Points .txt Raw Triangles .raw Recon M .m RenderMan .rib Scalable Vector Graphics .svg SketchUp .skp SLC .slc SOLIDWORKS .sldprt, .sldasm STEP .stp, .step STL (Stereolithography) .stl VDA .vda VRML/Open Inventor .wrl, .vrml, .vi WAMIT .gdf Windows Medtfile .wmf X3D .x3dv XAML .xaml XGL .xgl Zcorp .zpr
RHINO 7 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Processor 64 bit Intel or AMD;
- 8 GB or more of RAM;
- 600 MB of free hard disk space;
- Recommended graphics card with 4 GB of video memory and support for OpenGL 4.1;
- No more than 63 processor cores;
- Multi-button scrolling mouse;
- Support for 3D mouse SpaceNavigator;
- Apple hardware supports Bootcamp.
- Windows 11,10, 8.1.
- Apple Mac with Intel processor;
- Apple Silicon M1 Macs;
- 8 GB or more of RAM;
- 5 GB of free hard disk space;
- AMD GPU recommended;
- Multi-button scrolling mouse;
- Support for 3D mouse SpaceNavigator and SpaceMouse Wireless.
- macOS 12.4 (Monterey)
- macOS 11 (Big Sur)
- macOS 10.15.7 (Catalina)
- macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)
- Installing and updating the program;
- Activation of the license key;
- License management through the cloud service Zoo;
- Contacting technical support on the forum.
- Windows Server;
- Windows 8, 7, XP 64-bit, Vista, NT, 95, 98, ME, and 2000;
- Windows 32-bit all versions;
- Boot Camp on Apple Silicon. M1 Macs;
- macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) and earlier;
- Virtualization systems such as VMWare, Remote Desktop and Parallels;
- ARM processors, including Microsoft SQ® 1 and 2;
- Digitizers (Faro, Microscribe).
Click on the «Download» button and fill out the form with correct data. A key for 90 days and a link for the package installation will be sent to your email address within 5 minutes. Check your spam folder if you have not received an email.
For educational organizations, students, and teachers
Benefits of academic versions of Rhinoceros
- Full capacity of the commercial version;
- Permanent license without time limit;
- There are no restrictions and watermarks;
- No additional fees for technical support;
- Ability to upgrade the version at special prices if the license holder is still a student or teacher;
- Ability to upgrade the version at commercial prices if the license holder is no longer a student or teacher;
- Educational institutions — school, college, specialized school, technical school, university.
Single User License:
- It is available to students, teachers and educational institutions;
- One license per student or teacher;
- Educational institutions can purchase as many licenses as they need;
- It cannot be sold, shared or transferred to another user.
30 User License (only for educational institutions):
- A 30-user license allows you to use Rhino on computers in the same classroom/room. There is no need to connect to a local network;
- Floating network license for 30 users. Requires LAN connection and Zoo license manager.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO CONFIRM STATUS
- valid student card;
- a certificate affixed with the seal of the university stating that you are its student.
- teacher’s certificate;
- a certificate affixed with the seal of the university stating that you are its teacher.
- certificate of state accreditation;
- license to carry out educational activities;
- details of the educational institutions.
How to find out your license key?
The license key is sent to your e-mail after registration.
How to download Rhino?
Go to the main menu of the site, select Rhinoceros, click the Download button, selecting the appropriate OS. Fill out the download form. In a few minutes, a key and a link to download the demo will be sent in the email.