In Orca3D, hull is created as a NURBS surface. While Rhino provides many important tools for creating and editing surfaces, Orca3D adds features specific to hull design, such as:
- Wizard to instantly create cases in accordance with the given size and shape parameters.
Easily define the sections that will be displayed on the surface of your hull; stations, buttocks, waterlines and other flat curves. The user can specify the color of these sections along with the layers they should be placed on.
- Real-time updates of sections as the hull surface changes
- Real-time update of hydrostatics when the hull surface changes
- Control the shape of the front of the hull, ensuring a continuous curvature of the transition from the nose to the bottom
- Easy positioning of surface control vertices interactively or through the Orca3D vertex control dialog
You can simulate any type of hull and its design features. Enclosures can be created as a single surface or multiple surfaces as needed. Tools such as blending, trimming, and filleting provide tremendous power and flexibility.